Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday's Dream Schemes/March Challenge!

This month we encourage you to use any color you wish, although I have to say I did enjoy all those different shades of green. However, you have to keep it clean...and simple! Yep. We are challenging you to create with your Dreamweaver products in a CAS style. 




OK...I know it isn't quite what you expected, but today is special for our household and business. This is my husband's birthday. YAY!!! Wayne is actually the man behind the curtain...he is the one responsible for all the wonderful Dreamweaver Stencils. For more than 20 years we have worked together and we make a great team...but I want everyone to know that without him this business would not exist. He is a wonderful graphic artist and the stencils you purchase from us are sketched by hand and then computer rendered by his perfectionistic hand as well. Thank you Wayne and Happy Birthday too. I wish I could claim that I made this beautiful card, but it was made by my friend and fellow stenciler Elaine Benedict. It is a wonderful example of CAS (clean and simple). Elaine teaches and reps in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin.
     Now you have the opportunity to play along. Create your own Clean and Simple design (preferably with Dreamweaver Stencils' products) and link it to the Dream It Up! blog from your own blog, online gallery, or just send us an email (lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com) of your creation for us to show off on the blog. At the end of March, we will select two winners to win a set of these stencils each:






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wayne! This is one time where "ignore the man behind the curtain" is just not right! My hubby is the guy behind the scenes too. Hurrah for the guys! And so I don't forget Elaine - a wonderful card, thank you for making it!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love this card from Elaine! Great pop of color and design highlighting Wayne's great designs! Happy birthday Wayne! Hope you win all of your disc golf tourneys this week and enjoy a big vegan cupcake!

Jessie Hurley said...

Sorry I'm Late! But better late than never...I hope! I've been looking at this stencil and am never quite sure what to do with it, but now I know! AND I think I have inspiration for a Fathers Day class! Happy Birthday Wayne! and thanks Lynell for the inspiration :)

Cherylynn said...

Happy Birthday Wayne!

And what a wonderful card Elaine did! Thanks for sharing it!

Laura Drahozal said...

Elaine is wonderful, isn't she? A beautiful job on this card. Happy Birthday to Wayne, and have a great week.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Wayne!! and Elaine is AWESOME.. LOVE the Elaine

sommrstamping said...

WOW Elaine did a great job on this card. I know I'm late with the birthday WIshes but tell Wayne a friend of mine says we get to celebrate for the whole month, so party on.!

Louise said...

Belated birthday wishes Wayne! Elaine, great card, perfect for the men in our lives.

Alison said...

This was definitely a challenge for me, but I did it! Happy Birthday, Wayne!

Angela V said...

Just under the wire - I had most of this card done for days, but struggled with finding the "right" color of gray ink . . .

Post a Comment

Blog Archive