Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday's Dream Schemes

This beautiful "Christmas" script (LL3009) rendition was done by Lee Kellogg. Lee owns Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps, which happens to be two things. It is a unique rubber stamp store in Santa Fe, NM and she also produces her own unique stamp line called "StampaFe Art Rubber Stamps". You will need to visit her web site when you get the chance. http://www.funrubberstamps.com/

I am always telling my students that the stenciling process ...is a translucent layering of paint through the holes of the stencil. This card epitomizes that age old technique. You'll notice she has layered several colors of greens on the holly leaves (LL3005) and yet you can still see the print from her paper background through the stenciled image. The pages she uses for her backgrounds fit into the category of "GOING GREEN". Use old book pages instead of spending mega bucks on expensive papers. (I admit I love the expensive papers too), but this is not a budget buster. I also love the glitter enhancement, it gives this beautiful card a festive twist!

We sure hope you'll join us this week! Sign up and share your creations with us! We would love to have you as a follower. Share the love by leaving us your comments. My design team appreciates the kudos and be sure to share the site with your friends when you get the chance.



8 comments:

Kristi said...

love it!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the stenciling over the print. Keep meaning to try that! Great card, Lee!

Wendy said...

This is great!!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Yipee! I've been waiting all week for Thursday ... it's normally because it's Pizza day at school and I don't have to make a lunch but this week I've been waiting for the 2nd challenge and it's finally here! As soon as my card finishes drying I'll link it up! I've looked around at all the great cards all the team members have made for this week and they are amazing!

Louise said...

I love the look of this technique. So many ideas, so little time....

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Love love LOVE that Christmas script stencil!! Nicely done Lee!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun technique and gorgeous card! Can't wait to play along with the challenge this week!

Daria said...

I love the way this turned out.

Post a Comment